Meet the Serve & Protect A-TeamServe & Protect is pleased to introduce our A TEAM, each of us ready to serve those in Public Safety needing help locating real solutions for their real problems
ALWAYS CONFIDENTIAL 615-373-8000 CRISIS LINE 24/7/365
CEO / Founder, Lecturer
Robert Michaels M.A., CEO/Founder; Lecturer
• B.S. Columbia International University ’81; Biblical Studies, Pastoral Care
• M.A. Wheaton College Graduate School ’84; Interpersonal Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
• 2017 Recipient of FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award, Memphis Division
• MP, 229th MP Battalion, Virginia Nat’l Guard,
• Norfolk Police Department, Norfolk VA, Patrol, Detective
• American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress, National Center for Crisis Management,
• Tennessee FOP State Chaplain,
• FBI Chaplain, Memphis Division
• Adjunct Instructor for Seminars on PTSD, Suicide for Public Safety and CJ
You can contact Rob by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 615-224-2424.
Director of operations and training.
Ronald Jones, Director of Operations And Training.
Ron was one of our first Serve & Protect Chaplains. For the last few years, he also joined the team of our partner Safe Call Now, first as a Per Advocate, then appointed Vice President where he oversaw the team. He retired from that position in 2017 to spend more time with family.
• Ron executes our 360 plan, facilitating chaplain requests for those asking, as well as for those going into residential care wanting a Chaplain to assist their family while in treatment.
• Retired from West Virginia State Police, Ron is a veteran in law enforcement.
• He serves as Chaplain for FOP Lodge 145 in Florida and remains a Serve & Protect Chaplain.
• Ron is an ordained pastor and a member of the International Conference of Police Chaplains.
Officer Nick Daugherty
First Responder Financial Management Specialist (Dave Ramsey Master Financial Planner)
Nick Daugherty, First Responder Financial Management Specialist (Dave Ramsey Master Financial Planner)
Nick Daugherty began his career with the Grand Prairie Police Department in 2003. He spent the first 5 years in patrol working as a beat officer before transferring to the School Resource Officer program where he worked at both high schools, the alternative school, and served on an underage alcohol and drug task force. In 2012 he promoted to the rank of Sergeant where he spent 2 ½ years as a patrol Sergeant, field training supervisor, and fleet coordinator. In 2015 he was transferred to the criminal intelligence unit supervising intelligence, crime analyst, and detectives assigned to the US Marshal’s Fugitive task force and FBI’s regional computer forensic laboratory. He retired in August of 2017 and now serves as a reserve officer for GPPD.
At a young age he did a lot of stupid things with money partaking in “stupid tax” purchases (the art of buying toys that you can’t afford using plastic). Before he knew it he had accumulated over $80,000 in consumer debt, most of which was wrapped up in car stereo equipment and cars. He quickly realized that he needed to educate himself on personal finances and work to get out of hole he dug himself into. He worked overtime to the tune of over 500 hours a year to get out of debt the first year, only to have to do it a second year to get out of debt after not learning his lesson the first time (old habits die hard). He was introduced to the Dave Ramsey show and became an avid believer and supporter of the Total Money Make Over program by Dave Ramsey. He is currently working on “Baby Step #6” and can’t wait to scream out to the world “I’m debt free”!! A graduate and coordinator of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University, he is also a certified Dave Ramsey master financial coach* and offers free one-on-one coaching to first responders in financial crisis.
In 2011 he was approached by Grand Prairie Police Chief Dye who wanted to start a revolutionary and progressive training block on financial planning in the Grand Prairie police academy to all incoming recruits. This was later expanded into mandatory training classes for all officers at GPPD. He currently teaches “Building Financial Strength in Police/Firefighter Families” to numerous agencies and police academies across the state of Texas. Utilizing the principles of Dave Ramsey, he has helped hundreds of officer’s work towards a debt free lifestyle and financial freedom. To date almost 2,000 first responders have been through his training.
He is licensed with the State of Texas as a registered investment advisor representative (CRD#6697256) and licensed health and life insurance agent. He additionally has completed classes through Ken Zahn’s Certified Financial Planning professional education program and is working towards becoming a CFP.
He has the heart of a teacher and a passion for teaching first responders and their families how to handle their finances and plan for the future so that officers can move from having to work longer than they have to and giving them the ability to comfortably retire when they want to.